ProVent™ - The Better Option
ProVent™ is ideal for premium construction and for difficult applications like re-insulation.
• Made with Pro Grade tear-resistant high impact plastic
• Rigid vent construction eliminates breakage during re-installation
• ProVent's full joist coverage provides maximum air flow
• ProVents are easy to transport and store on the job site
• ProVents hold staples well on installation
• Net free vent: PV1148 = 12 sq in; PV 1448 = 15 sq in; PV2248 = 26 sq in
ProVent Comes in Two Sizes
ProVent PV2248 - Use for 24" on-center joist spacing
ProVent PV1448 - Use for 16" on-center joist spacing
ProVent may be installed prior to the soffit panel installation without fear of blow-out. For conventional attics, ProVent is easily installed in both new and retrofit applications. Even with cathedral ceilings, ProVent can be cut to fit any joist space. In a finished attic, proVent ensures proper air space between the roof deck and insulation. Made in the U.S.A.
How Many Vents to Plan for on a Project
One ProVent ventilation channel per rafter or truss cavity is recommended. Without ventilation channels, air cannot flow freely from the soffit to the exhaust vents. Poor air flow reduces insulation efficiencies and accelerates problems due to moisture.
The Benefits of a Ventilated Attic
• Allows for cooler attics in the summer
• Helps prevent ice-dam formation in the winter
• Improves insulation efficiencies
• Helps prolong shingle life
• Allows for drier attics